Check out this article to know about the details of NSP Pre Matric Scholarship 2023- 24 Last Date, Amount, Eligibility and more. The central government has taken steps time and again to motivate the children to study. In light of another step, they have launched the National Scholarship Portal, which mentions all the central, state and UGC schemes for students.
NSP Pre Matric Scholarship Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for the scholarship have been laid down differently by the respective ministries.
As per the Ministry of Minorities, the applicant must belong to any of the minority communities of India. The beneficiary of the scholarship must be a student of any class between the 1st to 10th standard. The student must have secured a min of 50% in their academic session to avail of the scholarship. The yearly credible amount of BPL family members must not be more than Rs. 100000.
According to the criteria laid down by the Ministry of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, the students studying in either 9th or 10th standard will be eligible. They must have at least 40% disability and should have a certificate of the same. The family of such a student must not be more than 250000 yearly.
For the ward of those working as Beedi, IOMC, Cine, or LSDM workers, the Ministry of Labour and Employment has listed the grounds for eligibility. The parent of the student must have been working for a min of six months. The student must be enrolled in any class from 1 to 10, and the monthly income of the family must not be more than 10k. There is an exception to this: the monthly income of cine workers should not be more than 8k.
NSP Pre Matric Scholarship Registration
- Candidates must read the instruction carefully before registration.
- Candidates are advised to fill all the requisite details carefully and check properly before submission. As no correction/ editing is allowed after submission.
- Any wrong/ false information may lead to rejection.
- Candidates are advised to fill their correct and active mobile number and e-mail address in the online application. All Correspondence/ communication will be made through mobile/ e-mail only.
- Candidates are also advised to refer to National Scholarship Portal for regular updates.
- Aadhaar will be mandatory for registration on NSP
- For applications with EID, Scholarship to be disbursed only on furnishing of Aadhaar.
- Aadhaar based eKYC will be performed to verify credential of candidates.
- All scholarship payments will be made using Aadhaar Payment Bridge (APB) only.
- Candidates requested to ensure that demographic details in Aadhaar shall be same as in school/ institute records. If any difference found, same should be corrected in Aadhaar.
- Registration made through parents’ Aadhaar will be valid only till student is minor, once candidate turns to major it will be his/her responsibility to update Aadhaar on NSP.
- Candidates are advised to ensure that his/her mobile number is linked to Aadhaar for receiving OTP from UIDAI. To check the mobile linking status please visit https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/verify-email-mobile .
- Candidates are advised to ensure that bank account must be seeded with Aadhaar. To check the seeding status kindly visit https://resident.uidai.gov.in/bank-mapper.
- Candidates are advised to activate and update their DigiLocker account for automated verification.
- State of Domicile: Domicile state means the state in which students have their permanent address. Students are required to provide their domicile state correctly as their applications may be sent for verification to the Authorities belonging to their State of Domicile.
- Scholarship Category: A Scholarship scheme may either be a Pre-matric scheme for Post-matric scheme. Any scholarship scheme available to student upto class X is called Pre-matric scheme whereas remaining schemes fall under the category of Post-matric schemes.
NSP Pre Matric Scholarship Last Date
As per the latest updates students can register till 30 November 2023. The scholarship will be given to deserving students in grades 9 through 12 from sections with weaker economies.