NSP National Means Cum Merit Scholarship Scheme 2023-24 is an initiative of the Department of School Education and Literacy, Government of India for students enrolled in Class 9 in Government, Government-aided, and local body schools.
The scheme aims to provide financial assistance to meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections to detain their dropout at Class 8 and encourage them to continue their studies at the secondary stage. The selected candidates will receive a scholarship of INR 12,000 per annum.
- be enrolled in Class 9 in a government, government-aided or local body school
- have secured at least 55% of marks or equivalent grades in Class 9 and 10 (Note – Relaxation of 5% will be given to SC/ST students)
- have an annual family income of less than INR 3,50,000 from all sources
A total of 1 lakh scholarships will be disbursed under this scheme. The selected scholars will receive INR 12,000 per annum (INR 1,000 per month).
- Marksheet of previous qualifying examination
- Income certificate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
To apply for the NMMS scholarship, students must ensure they meet all the eligibility criteria. They can then proceed to apply online through the National Scholarship Portal (NSP). Here is a step-by-step guide to help students complete the NMMS scholarship application easily:
- Register on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP) as a new user, providing accurate information.
- Keep scanned copies of all relevant documents ready before starting the application process.
- Fill in details such as educational qualifications, Aadhaar card number, school enrollment number, bank details, and state domicile.
- Upon registration on NSP, an application ID is generated, which serves as the login ID for NSP and future references.
- Students studying in classes 9 and 10 should apply under the Pre-Matric scholarship category, while those in classes 11 and 12 should apply under the Post Matric scholarship category.
- Pay attention while filling in personal details like name, date of birth, email ID, identification details, and mobile number.
- Upload all necessary documents and save the details as a draft.
- Once all information is correctly filled in, submit the completed application form.