DigiLocker – Aa Simple And Secure Document Wallet DigiLocker is a key initiative under Digital India, the Government of India’s flagship program aimed at transforming India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy. Targeted at the idea of paperless governance, DigiLocker is a platform for issuance and verification of documents & certificates in a digital way, thus eliminating the use of physical documents. The DigiLocker website can be accessed at https://digitallocker.gov.in/.
DigiLocker – Aa Simple And Secure Document Wallet What is Digilocker
Digilocker is a digital platform for issuing and verifying various documents and certificates. This eliminates the need for physical documents. According to PIB, under the new services, residents can easily access these documents:
- PAN card
- Driving license
- CBSE Class 10 Mark Sheet
- Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
- Insurance Policy – Two Wheeler
- CBSC 12th Mark Sheet
- 12th Class Mark Sheet
- Insurance policy documents
How To Create An Account On Digilocker
- First visit digilocker.gov.in or Digitallocker.gov.in.
- After this, click on check in on the right.
- Enter your mobile number and a new page will open there.
- Digilocker will then send an OTP to the mobile number you entered.
- Then set your username and password.
- You will now use Digilocker.
- You can also use the Digilocker app by downloading it from Android’s Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store
How To Upload Documents In Digilocker?
- Login to Digilocker.
- Go to the uploaded documents on the left and click upload.
- Write a quick description about the document
- Then click the upload button.
On Digilocker, you will store your driver’s license etc. documents along with your 10th, 12th, graduation marksheet. Keep in mind that you can only upload documents up to a maximum of 50 MB and you can also upload documents by creating a folder.
As of late, the Central Transport Department gave an order to the traffic police saying that Digilocker’s archives would likewise be legitimate for check. Earlier, Indian Railways had also accepted Digilocker’s documents for verification. You will show the documents of Digilocker at the time of checking during traffic police, railway journey.
DigiLocker App Download Click Here
Benefits Of Use Digilocker App
- Citizens will access their digital documents anytime, anywhere and share it online.
- This is convenient and time saving.
- It reduces the executive overhead of state departments by minimizing the employment of paper.
- Digital Locker makes it easier to validate the authenticity of documents as they are issued directly by the registered issuers.
- Self-uploaded documents can be digitally signed using the eSign facility (which is similar to the process of self-attestation).
- DigiLocker could be a platform for issuing and verification of documents and certificates in an exceedingly digital format, thereby eliminating the employment of physical documents.
- Indian voters UN agency check in for a DigiLocker account get an avid cloud cupboard space that’s coupled to their Aadhaar or UIDAI variety.