Combined Defence Service Examination (II) 2022 CDS 2 Exam 2022 : Every year UPSC conducts CDS Exam twice a year for the candidates who wish to begin their career in the Indian Air Force, Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Officer’s Training Academy. The candidates qualifying for the written test will be called for an interview round and medical examination for final selection. In this article, we have covered every detail for CDS Exam 2022, including important dates, eligibility, vacancies, exam pattern, syllabus, selection process, and more.
CDS 2 Notification 2022
The detailed advertisement and Official notification for the CDS (II) 2022 Examination has been released on 18th May 2022 containing all the necessary details for the exam including vacancies, important dates, steps to apply, and other details. As the CDS 2 notification has been released for the Course commencing in July 2023 on upsc.gov.in, we have provided the direct link to download the CDS 2 2022 exam notification pdf here.
CDS 2 2022 Exam Overview
Organization : Union Public Service Commission
Exam Name : Combined Defence Service Examination (II) 2022
Vacancies : 339
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Examination : Offline
Type of Questions : Multiple-choice questions
Eligibility : Unmarried Males & Females
Job Location : All Over India
Official Website : upsc.gov.in
CDS 2 Vacancy 2022
Name of the academy – Number of Vacancies
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun 100
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala 22
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad 32
- Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) SSC Men 169
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai SSC Women 16
Total Vacancies 339
Application Fee :
- The examination fee for the CDS 2022 Exam is Rs. 200/- for all categories except SC/ST/Females (exempted from fee payment). The payment can be done through online/offline mode (Net Banking, Mastercard/Debit Card or cash deposit in any branch of SBI Bank.)
Steps to Fill CDS 2 2022 Exam Registration Form
Follow the steps mentioned below to complete your CDS 2 exam Registration process.
Step 1: Visit the official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in or directly apply from the above link.
Step 2: On the homepage, click on Examination >> Active Examinations >> Online Application For UPSC CDS 2 Exam.
Step 3: Click on “Part-1” against Combined Defence Examination (II) 2022
Step 4: Read all the instructions carefully and proceed by clicking on “Yes”
Step 5: You will be redirected to a new page, start filling in your details correctly.
Step 6: Select your preferences carefully and continue to Part II.
Step 7: Pay the required application fee through online/offline mode as discussed above.
Step 8: Select the desired examination center from the list.
Step 9: Upload scanned documents as required in the application form.
Step 10: Check all the details and click on “Submit”. Download a copy of the application form for future reference.
Eligibility Criteria :
- The candidates must meet the eligibility standards as set by the Union Public Service Commission for defence recruitment. Check detailed eligibility (nationality, education, age, marital status, sex) from below.
Education Qualification :
For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy – The candidate should have a graduation degree (any subject) from a recognized University or equivalent.
For Indian Naval Academy – The candidate should have completed their Graduation in Engineering from a recognized University/Institution.
For Air Force Academy – The candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree from a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Age Limit (as on 01/07/2023)
- The candidate should fall in the age group of 20 to 24 years. The detailed age limit details are mentioned on the official notification pdf.
Selection Procedure :
- The recruitment of AFA, IMA, INA & Officers Training Academy posts will be conducted on the basis of:
1. Written Exam
2. SSB Interview/Personality Test
3. Document Verification
4. Medical Examination
Important Link :
Important Dates :
- CDS 2022 Notification Release Date 18th May 2022
- Online Registration Start Date 18th May 2022
- Online Registration End Date 07th June 2022 [6 pm]
- Online Application Withdrawn 14th to 20th June 2022
- CDS Admit Card Release Date August 2022
- CDS Exam Date 2022 04th September 2022
- CDS Answer Key (Unofficial) 04th September 2022
- CDS Answer Key (Official) October 2022
- CDS Result 2022 October 2022